500s? - McLaren 650S Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 08-20-2014, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

500s?

Well we may have a NEW baby Mclaren by the time Geneva 2015 rolls around...

Quote:
After presenting the P1 GTR concept and a racetrack version of the 650S at Pebble Beach, McLaren is reportedly preparing the 500S, which will be more affordable and less powerful than the 650S. This entry-level model will likely be unveiled at the 2015 Geneva Motor Show, according to the British publication Car Magazine.
Prices bandied about €140,000 or £110,000 or $187,000...
post #2 of 9 Old 08-21-2014, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

will be sold the same as 650S, coupe, spider and track special...
post #3 of 9 Old 08-21-2014, 06:04 PM

I always hear about cheaper McLarens coming out but they are all still real expensive. I find it kinda funny. It definitely is making it more accessible though, and that should do wonders for McLaren and their brand recognition.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-22-2014, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

I dnot think McLaren has issued with brand recognition. They dont care if your nan knows the diff between a Mac and a Porker, they only care if people who are buying porkers know that theres going to be a MAc for the same price!
post #5 of 9 Old 08-26-2014, 05:42 PM

I think McLaren cares about brand recognition. Not everyone can afford a McLaren, but if the brand is popular than even those people can participate in the McLaren experience. They can buy jackets or shirts or shoes or key chains. Those accessories will sell better with more brand recognition. Think of a brand like Ferrari.

post #6 of 9 Old 08-26-2014, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Mac already has all of that readily available, http://www.mclarenstore.com/en/uk/page/home, you'ce completely missed the point of what I said.

McLaren as a brand who sells high performance cars has only one primary aim, to sell as many vehicles as possible to as many people who want them. The pool of eligible buyers is relatively constant which means Ferrari, Porsche, McLAren et all are competing for an identical pool of dollars. What's important to McLaren is people who guy Porsches and Ferraris knowing that there will soon be a Mac in the same price bracket.

But if you think Mclaren cares more about selling T-shirts than cars then there's really not much left to say...
post #7 of 9 Old 08-27-2014, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sullivan View Post
Mac already has all of that readily available, http://www.mclarenstore.com/en/uk/page/home, you'ce completely missed the point of what I said.

McLaren as a brand who sells high performance cars has only one primary aim, to sell as many vehicles as possible to as many people who want them. The pool of eligible buyers is relatively constant which means Ferrari, Porsche, McLAren et all are competing for an identical pool of dollars. What's important to McLaren is people who guy Porsches and Ferraris knowing that there will soon be a Mac in the same price bracket.

But if you think Mclaren cares more about selling T-shirts than cars then there's really not much left to say...
Did I ever say that the merchandise was more important than the cars? Obviously they want to sell cars most. All I was saying was that there is a lot of money to be made off of merchandise, but in order to sell a lot of merchandise you need the brand to connect to people, even those who don't have the money to afford their own McLaren.

post #8 of 9 Old 08-28-2014, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Big View Post
Did I ever say that the merchandise was more important than the cars? Obviously they want to sell cars most. All I was saying was that there is a lot of money to be made off of merchandise, but in order to sell a lot of merchandise you need the brand to connect to people, even those who don't have the money to afford their own McLaren.
There definitely is good money to be made as long as they go about it the righ way.

post #9 of 9 Old 08-28-2014, 06:10 PM

I just think that Ferrari branding is much more well established than McLaren branding. Ferrari is more recognizable to average folk. People will buy a Ferrari driving shoe just for the **** of it, but I don't think the same can be said for McLaren.

Did McLaren get a car into Transformers? That seems like the place where you'd want your product if you're a car company.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren 650S Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page