McLaren will add two new supercars over the next 3 years - McLaren 650S Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 05-20-2014, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

McLaren will add two new supercars over the next 3 years

McLaren will be expanding its dealership network and creating two more supercars in the next three years as part of its plan to have profits similar to those of Ferrari or Porsche in the next five years.

By 2016, McLaren would like to build around 4,000 cars a year. That would be a big jump since last year McLaren built about 1,400 units of the 12C. A big part of the plan to reach this sales goal is the debut of a new supercar that will sit below the 650S.

In addition, McLaren will create a fourth supercar which will sit above the 650S a below the P1 hybrid hypercar.

The "affordable" supercar will use the same turbocharged 3.8-liter twin-turbo V8 engine used by the entire McLaren lineup.

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/mclaren-w...rship-network/

post #2 of 4 Old 05-20-2014, 06:47 PM

I just really hope that they make these other vehicles look different enough from each other.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-22-2014, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
I just really hope that they make these other vehicles look different enough from each other.
There has to be some continuity between the different McLaren models though, and I think its hard to differentiate them all when they are all the same type of vehicle. They should try to make them look more distinct though. I think it is easier said than done.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-23-2014, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Big View Post
There has to be some continuity between the different McLaren models though, and I think its hard to differentiate them all when they are all the same type of vehicle. They should try to make them look more distinct though. I think it is easier said than done.
You're right there has to be some way to make them different from eachother but they still need to do more to make them look more different from the other which will help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren 650S Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page