The Z06 is a PROPER Super Car - McLaren 650S Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 06-11-2014, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

The Z06 is a PROPER Super Car

Based on figures alone I would say so... 650 HP @ 6,400 RPM and 650 ft-lbs @ 3,600 RPM. However there is one KEY difference between the Z06 and say the 650S. The Z06 offers 457 lb-fts of its 650 on tap straight from idle and 625 ft-lbs become available at 2,800 RPM. Thats mind bending to come from that down low, something like 90 percent of its peak torque stays on boil between 2,500 and 5,400 RPM.

I get it, the Z06 does not fit into the traditional definition of SUPERCAR, its a bit crass and bad mannered, not to mention dresses pedestrian and was born out of a lower caste. But its hungry and hungry for high dollar metal...

post #2 of 2 Old 09-09-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sullivan View Post
Based on figures alone I would say so... 650 HP @ 6,400 RPM and 650 ft-lbs @ 3,600 RPM. However there is one KEY difference between the Z06 and say the 650S. The Z06 offers 457 lb-fts of its 650 on tap straight from idle and 625 ft-lbs become available at 2,800 RPM. Thats mind bending to come from that down low, something like 90 percent of its peak torque stays on boil between 2,500 and 5,400 RPM.

I get it, the Z06 does not fit into the traditional definition of SUPERCAR, its a bit crass and bad mannered, not to mention dresses pedestrian and was born out of a lower caste. But its hungry and hungry for high dollar metal...

Just my personal opinion here... The Vette Stingray Z06 is more of a car to performance oriented persons only... If u care about quality, comfort, materials used in the car and stuff like that, it wont work for you, it looks nice and all, but build quality and materials are disastrous! But really i think thats no news since the c6 had a plastic interior, leather covering the whole interior as in the c7 is nice to have, makes it look more expensive...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren 650S Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page