Mclarens at the 2015 Canadian International Auto Show - McLaren 650S Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 02-25-2015, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Mclarens at the 2015 Canadian International Auto Show

Hi all,

For the first time I had the opportunity to visit the Canadian International Auto Show during “Press Day”. Overall the show was okay, not as exciting as shows south of the border, but it’s Canada’s largest auto show.

After browsing through the entire show, my last stop was the “AutoExotica” exhibit, featuring cars from world-class brands such as Lamborghini, Mclaren, (to my surprise) a Pagani Huayra, along with many more. Pictures of the Pagani Huayra and Mclarens are attached below.

Pfaff Automotive brought out 3 Mclarens, a 2015 Mclaren 650S Coupe, 2015 650S Spider & 2012 12C that features a McLaren Special Operations front bumper.
While it was a dealer and not Mclaren that brought these out, the entire display was minimal but effective, Mclarens on ground level surrounded by a barrier with a small lounge behind them. Fortunately, placement of the barrier allowed anyone to get up close and walk around all 3 models.

Even with being that close, some people were wondering if the Volcano Red 12c was a 2015 650s, which has me thinking if Mclaren kept design of both models a bit too close to each other, being a Mclaren enthusiast it was easy to spot the differences, I’m sure many of you here can as well.
The MSO front bumper mentioned earlier looked great, but knowing that Vorsteiner sells carbon side skirts and a full carbon rear bumper/diffuser, I couldn’t help but think how incomplete having just an MSO front bumper can make a 12c look! Fortunately this exact combination was what the 12C-Spa F featured, sitting in a neighboring hall. For those unaware, as I was till this day, the 12C-Spa F is a joint project between Mclaren Toronto and Pfaff Tuning. Here’s what an information display of it had noted down:

Quote:
McLaren 12C-Spa F

A joint project between Mclaren Toronto and Pfaff Tuning, the 12c-Spa F is the pinnacle marryment of performance and style.

Featuring the Mclaren Special Operations front carbon bumper, Vorsteiner carbon side skirts and full carbon rear bumper/diffuser.
the Spa F also features custom lowering springs offered by Pfaff Tuning, a first in the world. Custom built ADV.1 ADV6 Track Spec wheels were fitted and custom engraved specifically for the car then wrapped in Pirelli P Zero Trofeo Tires.
An Evolution Motorsports Stage Two Power Package was installed, bringing the 12c to over 700HP.
The exhaust system is entirely custom built by Pfaff tuning and featuring ultra high flow cats, stainless steel construction and ceramic coated tips.
Custom striping and livery added.

Pricing

2013 Mclaren 12C Coupe
Color: Volcano Yellow
Interior: Leather/alcantara with yellow accent stitch

Stock Number: MC0076
Price: $345,000.00 Plus Sales Taxes
You’ll also want to hear it

Lastly, a full carbon $2 Million price tag Pagani Huayra, another vehicle to thank Pfaff Automotive for.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 650sCoupe.jpg (182.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 650sSpider.jpg (195.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PfaffMclarenDisplay.jpg (247.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 12cMSO.jpg (210.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 12cSPA-01.jpg (158.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 12cSPA-02.jpg (217.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 12cSPA-03.jpg (196.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PaganiHuayra.jpg (157.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by 650SAdmin; 03-02-2015 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren 650S Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page