Reliability and issues - McLaren 650S Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 09-10-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

Reliability and issues

As the 12C showed us some problems with doors, IRIS infotainment system and other malfunctioning parts, so it would be cool to know if the 650S is presenting the same kind of problems or other problems that can be a headache...
So this Thread is for the owners to share with the rest of the forum and with those interested on a 650S the problems the car presents or if Mclaren has sorted them all.
post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2014, 10:48 AM

I am also interested to find out what is the repair and maintenance cost per year for the first 5 to 10 years time frame.

My toyota can easily last 200,000 km before any major repair is needed. By contrast, I read in the Lotus Esprit V8 forum (comparing British car to British car), that their car has all kinds of problems even under warranty. But that was 10 years ago with the old V8.

I wonder if things have improve since then
post #3 of 3 Old 05-31-2015, 03:12 PM

I have a 650s with 14,000 miles (15 months) and have had no significant problems. That said, the "Navigation " is too complicated to use, and the rear camera software is so slow as to be ineffective.
Whether driving hard (almost always drive in "Track" modes) or just put-puting around, the "feel " of the 650s is like nothing I have experienced before. I completely forgive the car any foibles or irregularities it has-how would I replace it?
I like it so much next week I am paying $2,000,000 cash for a P-1 with 127 miles on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren 650S Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page