Couple of question about shipping - McLaren 650S Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 04-27-2021, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Couple of question about shipping

I am looking for a shipper.

I Need to move 650S from Miami to New York.

Need some info about it because I'm a layman in vehicle transportation.

How to prepare a car for transportation? How to choose a carrier? What are the current quotas?
post #2 of 3 Old 05-09-2021, 09:52 PM

I haven't shipped my car before but maybe you can check out Google for reference.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-12-2021, 12:42 PM

This is the case when you have to look for a quote yourself.

You probably won’t be picking your shipper. That will likely be chosen by the broker. When you call a broker, they will quote you a price. Say $2000. They are then going to post the gig on a board for all trucking cos to see. They will receive various bids on the gig. If they get a bid for $1500, the broker will keep $500 and you’ll pay the driver the other $1500.
Getting quotes from multiple brokers won’t help you much, as they are going to all be posting the same gig to the same group of trucking companies.

To get your car ready it is best to have it cleaned inside and out, then take A LOT of photos the day before or the day of pickup. A good carrier should do this anyway. Most carriers want as little fuel as possible. I found an article about across country shipping, there's a lot of information about shipping and preparing car.
To get your car ready it is best to have it cleaned inside and out, then take A LOT of photos the day before or the day of pickup.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren 650S Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page