18 Things you learn Drving the 650S in the Rain - McLaren 650S Forum

post #1 of 6 Old 04-02-2014, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

18 Things you learn Drving the 650S in the Rain

Jalopnik piece on their rain filled test with the 650S. I suppose its mildly humorous but also a whole lot of bone headed.

http://jalopnik.com/the-18-things-yo...the-1554745153

Quote:
The third thing you learn is that when the roads are covered in water, a light touch of the throttle in the new 650S, which has far more torque than a 12C, will result in a terrifying drive mode that has the rear end step out in a straight line and nearly shoot you into opposing traffic. It's the perfect cure for constipation.
well not for anything but I would imagine the folks at jalop would be able to figure out that 500 ft-lb of twist plus sticky dry summer rubber (P-Zero Corsa) would result in exactly that. Heck any joe sixpack with an old pickup in the winter time could tell you that
post #2 of 6 Old 04-02-2014, 03:41 PM

I LOL'ed at this....

Quote:
The sixteenth thing you learn is that you should keep your eye out in the mountains for goats with giant testicles. We turned around twice to get this picture. Cause yeah, those balls were huge.P

post #3 of 6 Old 04-02-2014, 03:51 PM

lol i love jalopnik
their humor works for me

just dont take them too seriously sometimes

post #4 of 6 Old 04-02-2014, 04:48 PM

That thing about the goat is hilarious. Lucky guy getting flown to Spain to drive the 650S. Wish I could swing that somehow. I think that this article is actually a pretty good description of what it is like to drive the 650S though. It's written in casual language which I find easier to read and understand than some of the more technical websites.

Thanks for posting this up.

post #5 of 6 Old 04-04-2014, 12:25 PM

Actually didnt know this

The sixth thing you learn is that McLaren's internal naming structure begins with P. The internal P1 became the McLaren F1. The internal P11 became the MP4-12C and the internal P12 became the McLaren P1. The internal code for 650S is the P11M. Yes, M for modified. But don't call this the 12C Speciale. McLaren is clear on that.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-04-2014, 04:36 PM

Didn't know that either.
Good to know that the 650 is the P11M, not something a lot of people will know.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the McLaren 650S Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page